Home > Special Education
Rockland BOCES Student Services partners with families, school districts, community-based organizations and county agencies to produce outstanding educational outcomes for children with special needs at all levels of ability. Programs are open to students residing in Rockland and neighboring counties in New York and New Jersey.
- From center-based schools to more than 30 district-based classrooms, teams of expert staff assist students in achieving their full potential through integrated academic instruction, therapeutic supports and extensive, wraparound community services.
- Whether college or employment is the post-secondary goal, students and families rely on Transition Services for information, referral and more. Career exploration opportunities, vocational training and community-based internships help others prepare for the transition from school to work.
- A dynamic Family Resource Center operates in two locations and coordinates no-cost academic enrichment, wellness and social activities that support families and foster a strong home-school connection.
Students with social, emotional and learning needs
- Hilltop School (Grades K-8)
- Mountainside High School (Grades 9-12)
- River View High School (Grades 9-12)
- PALS (Students ages 16-21)
- Project SEARCH (Students in their final year of schooling)
- Student Services Extended Year Summer Program
- Intensive Day Treatment (Grades K-12)
- Transition Services