For Business Partners
Partner with P-TECH
P-TECH is working to develop the high-skilled, well-educated workforce our region needs to support long-term economic growth.
How P-TECH works:
P-TECH is a six-year, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) program, which begins in Grade 9
and offers a rigorous academic curriculum, targeted technical training and comprehensive workplace learning
P-TECH features an intimate and dynamic, project based learning environment
Students earn their high school diploma and an Associate degree at no cost to their families
Students work with local business partners through mentorships, internships and apprenticeships to acquire
the skills they need to maximize their employability
Business and higher education partners are an integral part of P-TECH.
The important work our partners do includes:
- Identify mentors to meaningfully engage with students to support goal-setting and achievement
- Provide speakers and host workplaces visits, internships and apprenticeships
- Pledge to place students who successfully completes the program first in line for an interview or entry-level job
- Assist in developing technical and workplace skills maps for key industries/sectors
- Collaborate with P-TECH faculty and higher education partners to align these maps with curriculum, course offerings and other resources
Interested in learning more about partnership opportunities? Contact us.
Our Business Partners
- 511NY Rideshare
- All-Bright Electric
- Blondin Engineering Consultants
- Bowne Management Systems, Inc.
- Design Air, Inc.
- Farmers Insurance
- Gardens by Christina
- Gotham Telecom Inc.
- Hi-Tech Security Services, Inc.
- Hopscotch Air, Inc.
- Kathy Jaffe Mediation Services
- Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Learning Center
- Meals on Wheels
- Michael Shilale Architects, LLP
- Nyack Hospital
- OnForce Solar, Inc.
- People Resource Strategies
- Rockland Boulders
- Rockland Professional Services, LLC
- USIS Inc.
- Wickes Arborists
- Yost Design