Arts in Education
The Arts in Education Program provides students in participating school districts with a variety of experiences in dance, music, drama, theater, and the various visual and media arts. All supported activities address at least one of the four New York State Learning Standards for the arts:
- creating, performing and participating in the arts,
- knowing and using art materials and resources,
- responding to and analyzing works of art, and
- understanding the cultural dimensions and contributions of the arts. Musical performances in school auditoriums, visiting artists in the classrooms, and attendance at theatrical performance or art exhibition are examples of
activities schools may schedule.
New Resource for Cultural Arts Coordinators
The STAR Moodle, a digital platform available 24/7, provides resources and information exchange for Cultural Arts Coordinators, connects partnering districts for the Exploratory Enrichment COSER and houses Rockland BOCES forms used by Cultural Arts Coordinators. The Moodle is supported by Rockland Teachers’ Center.
To access the STAR Moodle:
1. Email Deborah Studnitzer to obtain an enrollment key
2. Go to this page to create a new account (right side of webpage)
3. Complete all sections marked with “*” then click “create my new account”
4. An email will be sent to confirm the account. Click on the link in the email. A new page will appear; click “courses”, click “sandboxes”, and click “STAR”. Enter the enrollment key (Step 1) in the self-enrollment section.
Is it Arts in Education or Exploratory Enrichment?
- Guidelines (PDF)
- NYS Standards (PDF)
- Arts in Education Standards (PDF)
- Exploratory Enrichment Standards (PDF)
Exploratory Enrichment programs offerings include:
- Challenger Learning Center
- NYS Core Curricular Enrichment
- Today’s Students, Tomorrow’s Teachers