PN Entrance Exams
A pre-admission Reading and Math Assessment test (Accuplacer) is an important first step in the application process for all prospective students. Testing takes place from January through June.
Application process (PDF)
Preparing for the Accuplacer
An Accuplacer Practice Test Question Review Workbook may be purchased at any bookstore to prepare for the assessment test.
Testing focuses on:
Reading (Multiple Choice)
- Process information
- Identify the main and secondary ideas in both short and long passages
- Make inferences
- Form relationships between two sentences
Math (Multiple Choice)
- Perform operations with whole numbers and fractions
- Perform operations with decimals and percents
- Solve word problems involving rate, percent, measurement, and simple geometry
Taking the Accuplacer
Students must register for testing by completing the Test Application form.
Please keep in mind:
- Space is limited; seats will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applicants must come at the date and time selected; email confirmation will be sent upon receipt of test application and payment.
- In the rare event that an applicant cannot be accommodated for his/her requested test date, a change notice will be sent with an alternate testing time.
- Applicants may sit for the entrance test once a year.
- Applicants who do not come on their assigned date and time are not guaranteed another test date.
- Applicants must arrive on time for testing; late arrivals may not be admitted.
Test-takers must bring copies of ALL of the following items, which are required for admission to the test:
- One document that provides proof of U.S. Citizenship or legal immigration status, such as a U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, citizenship papers, alien card or other INS documentation
- One government-issued, photo proof of identity, such as a driver’s license, passport, or alien card
- Copy of your high school transcript, TASC certificate. A foreign high school diploma must be evaluated by an official translating agency (World Education Services or Globe Evaluation Services)
- Copy of Social Security Card
Links to practice exams
The following websites may be used to review for the Entrance Exam (Accuplacer). These sites have no affiliation with and are not maintained by Rockland BOCES. The practice exams are similar to, but do not reflect actual test questions. They are offered as another option for your review.
Reading Comprehension and Arithmetic
The Accuplacer practice tests are also available as an iPhone app through Apple’s iTunes store. The cost is $2.99.
Click here for more information about the entrance test from the College Board.
Final determination for program acceptance is based on an applicant interview. To qualify for an interview, students must score a minimum of 75 on the reading comprehension and 60 on the basic arithmetic sections.
Once scores are reported, eligible applicants will be contacted by program staff to schedule an interview.