PN Entrance Exams
Passing the pre-admission Reading and Math Assessment tests (titled Accuplacer Next Generation) is an important first step in the application process for all prospective students. Testing takes place from March through June.
Preparing for the Accuplacer Next Generation
An Accuplacer Next Generation Practice Test Question Review Workbook may be purchased at any bookstore to prepare for the assessment test. FREE downloadable apps are offered by College Board as iPhone, Android or web compatible formats.
Testing focuses on:
Next Generation Reading Comprehension (Multiple Choice)
- Process information
- Identify the main and secondary ideas in both short and long passages
- Make inferences
- Form relationships between two sentences
Math (Multiple Choice)
- Perform operations with whole numbers and fractions
- Perform operations with decimals and percent
- Solve word problems
- Number comparisons and equivalents
Taking the Accuplacer Next Generation
Students must register online for testing. Please click here for details.
Please keep in mind:
- Space is limited; seats will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applicants must come at the date and time selected.
- Applicants may sit for the entrance test once a year.
- Applicants who do not come on their assigned date and time are not guaranteed another test date.
- Applicants must arrive on time for testing; late arrivals may not be admitted.
- Test dates may be subject to change.
- Candidates are allowed to make one date change.
Test-takers must bring copies of ALL of the following items, which are required for admission to the program:
- One document that provides proof of U.S. Citizenship or legal immigration status, such as a U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, citizenship papers, alien card or other INS documentation
- One government-issued, photo proof of identity, such as a driver’s license, passport, or alien card
- Official high school transcript sent to Rockland BOCES or GED/TASC certificate and transcript. A foreign high school diploma must be evaluated and certified by an official translating agency (World Education Services or Globe Evaluation Services)
- Copy of Social Security Card
Links to practice exams
The following websites may be used to review for the Entrance Exams (Accuplacer Next Generation). These sites have no affiliation with and are not maintained by Rockland BOCES. The practice exams are similar to, but do not reflect actual test questions. They are offered as another option for your review.
Reading Comprehension and Arithmetic
FREE web-based study app here.
Several Accuplacer study guides are also available as videos on YouTube.
Final determination for program acceptance is based on an applicant interview. To qualify for an interview, students must score a minimum of 250 on the Next Generation reading comprehension and 245 on the Next Generation arithmetic sections.
Once scores are reported, eligible applicants will be contacted by program staff to schedule an interview.