Rockland BOCES workshops are designed to provide educators with opportunities for continued professional growth in all aspects of Common Core curriculum and instructional practice, assessment, and teacher/leader effectiveness.
A number of new professional development programs are being offered for 2015-16. Special emphasis will be placed on working with teachers and administrators in ensuring rigorous instruction and outcomes for all learners.
To learn more, visit My Learning Plan regularly, as courses are added throughout the year. Be sure to check out upcoming workshops on content and pedagogy in:
- Social Studies Toolkit Series
- Bilingual Education
- Assessment Literacy Series
- Curriculum Councils for Math, ELA and Social Studies
- School Leaders Institute, including calibration, NYSED updates and more
- Universal Design for Learning (Rockland BOCES is the only Harvard University-certified provider in the region)
- Instructional technology to engage diverse groups of students
In addition to the many workshops conducted at Rockland BOCES’ Professional Development Center, customized professional development can be delivered on-site to meet the specific needs of schools and districts.
NEW! CEUs for Social Workers
Rockland BOCES is an approved provider of continuing education for Licensed Masters Social Workers and Licensed Clinical Social Workers. View and register for courses in MyLearningPlan; enter “Social Workers” as the search term for a complete listing of upcoming offerings.