About The Program
Total Hours: 1,080 Classes begin each fall for Rockland BOCES’ full-time Practical Nursing program. Graduates are eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for Practical Nursing given by the New York State Board of Nursing.
Final test date for 2017-18 PN class is on Wed., July 5 at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Follow link “Application Process” for test registration.
Admission is competitive. Consideration is given to entrance exam results, interview, education and work history. Applicants should:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess a high school diploma or TASC/high school equivalency diploma
- Pass an entrance examination (non-refundable $50 testing fee)
- Be a U.S. citizen or have documentation of legal immigration status from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Complete an interview process
- Submit completed medical history, physical and immunization records
- Complete a financial aid application or pay full tuition by September 1
Classes are available to assist students in preparing for the entrance exam; for information, call (845) 348-3500.
Practical Nursing is a full-time program. All classes run from August to June: Class and lab hours are from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., four days a week and clinical hours are from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., one day per week.
Rockland BOCES has articulation agreements with Dominican College, Helene Fuld School of Nursing, Nyack College and Rockland Community College. The agreements allow BOCES graduates to take challenge exams to qualify for entry into the colleges’ RN programs.
Pell Grants and direct loans are available to qualified applicants. A financial aid advisor will provide assistance with the application process. Applicants must have proof of U.S. citizenship or legal immigration status to be eligible for financial aid.
2015-16 Completion Rate
- Accepted: 69
- Graduated within normal time: 55
- Continued in program: 0
- NCLEX-PN Pass Rate: 83.6%
2015-16 Job Placement Rate
- June 2016 Graduates: 55
- Related Employment: 63.6%
- Unrelated Employment: 3.6%
- Continued Education: 14.5%
- Unknown: 12.7%
- Unemployed: 5.6%
Median Loan Debt
- Title IV Loan Debt: $10,400
- Private Education Loan Debt: $6,000
- Institutional Finance Plan: Not available at this institution
- Nursing homes
- Healthcare clinics
- Physicians’ offices
- Home health agencies
- Private care
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Rockland BOCES does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender (sex), gender identity, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status or political affiliation, and additionally does not discriminate against students on the basis of weight, gender identity, gender expression, and religious practices or any other basis prohibited by New York State and/or federal non-discrimination laws in employment or its programs and activities. Rockland BOCES provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth organizations. Inquiries regarding Rockland BOCES non-discrimination policies or procedures should be directed to either:
- Ana Reluzco
Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Civil Rights Compliance Officer
65 Parrott Road
West Nyack, NY 10994
- United States Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights