Rockland BOCES delivers educational programs for students with special needs, teens interested in career and technical training, adult learners preparing for new job opportunities and educators seeking to upgrade their professional skills.
We at the Rockland BOCES BELIEVE in the intrinsic value of every learner and in our responsibility to help them each realize their dreams.
To honor this, we REAFFIRM our commitment to provide quality leadership and instructional excellence.
Moreover, we ACKNOWLEDGE that we are part of a greater whole and that the collective energy of Rockland County is best reflected in the collaboratives which serve our learning community.
Rockland BOCES is…
- LOCAL. One of 37 Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) throughout New York State which cover a combined total of 721 public school districts, Rockland BOCES serves 8 component school districts with a county-wide student population of approximately 41,000. See how students of all ages are benefiting from BOCES statewide.
- REGIONAL. New York State legislation now allows out-of-state school districts access to Rockland BOCES services. Rockland BOCES programs are rooted in research-based practices and embedded in a philosophy of collaboration.
- INNOVATIVE. Rockland BOCES is a regionally-recognized leader in providing high-quality programs to school districts.
- ACCESSIBLE. With more than 35 different sites across the county, Rockland BOCES programs for students of all ages are never far away.
- ACCOUNTABLE. Rockland BOCES is governed by a nine-member board comprised of members from the component districts’ boards.
- CONNECTED. Rockland BOCES has built a robust network of active partnerships with local community and government agencies, small businesses and trade unions who share its commitment to helping all learners realize their dreams.
- RESPONSIVE. Rockland BOCES meets emerging educational needs quickly and efficiently.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
Rockland BOCES does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender (sex), gender identity, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status or political affiliation, and additionally does not discriminate against students on the basis of weight, gender identity, gender expression, and religious practices or any other basis prohibited by New York State and/or federal non-discrimination laws in employment or its programs and activities. Rockland BOCES provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth organizations. Inquiries regarding Rockland BOCES non-discrimination policies or procedures should be directed to either:
- Ana Reluzco
Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Civil Rights Compliance Officer
65 Parrott Road
West Nyack, NY 10994
- United States Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights